- About 12 tortillas (corn are the best, but wheat will do)
- 1 can black beans, add salt if desired
- 2 medium white or yellow onions, chopped
- 3 medium sweet peppers, sliced (any color or shape will do)
- 1 T cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped (only the white part)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Shredded cheese of your choice
Instructions: Sautee onions and peppers in cooking oil on medium-low heat for 15 minutes, or until very soft. Stir occasionally. Meanwhile, warm beans on stovetop and tortillas in an oven or toaster oven, wrapped in a damp paper towel. Serve with toppings, and mix and match ingredients to make each taco unique!
If you have leftovers, you can use the same ingredients for quesadillas. Finely chopped purslane would be another great topping too.