- 3 1/2 to 4 cups cooked barley
- 3/4 pound (5 medium) carrots, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup tightly packed, minced fresh dill
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/3 cup fruity olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt to taste
In a large serving bowl or storage container, combine the barley, carrots, dill, sunflower seeds, and currants.
Dribble on the olive oil, lemon juice and salt to taste. Toss until the ingredients are thoroughly coated with the dressing.
Recipe copyright, Lorna Sass, 2008