The 2018 CSA program runs from May 9 to November 7, with 2 weeks off in August (Aug. 8 & 15). Members pay for all 24 weeks up front in full or in two installments, the first of which is due upon signing up. In return, you get a share of farm-fresh vegetables and/or a variety of local farm products for 6 months of the year! There are two pick-up options: one in in Lynchburg and one at the farm in Forest. To read more about how it works visit our CSA FAQ page.
We are super excited to be partnering up with some other local food producers this year! For the first time, you will have the option to choose to add eggs, meat, herbs, and ferments to your share (see more below). And of course we are still offering our wood-fired sourdough bread and flower arrangements.
What’s new in 2018
- Chicken and Eggs from Restoration Acres Farm in Forest.
- Cultured (fermented) vegetables, and Medicinal and Culinary Herbs from Gathered Threads in Nelson County.
- Extra Greens share.
- Extended on-farm pick up time. (2-7 pm!)
Options and Cost: Choose one option or mix-and-match to suit your needs. Cost is for the entire season May-November
- Vegetable Share: $550.00
- Bread Share: $138 for one loaf, $260 for two.
- Extra Greens: $180 by itself, or $720 when combined with a regular vegetable share.
- Flower Share: $120.00
- Chicken: $399 for weekly pick-up, $220 every other week
- Eggs: $120 for weekly dozen, $63 for dozen every other week
- Cultures: $140
- Herb boxes: $175
To read more detailed descriptions of these options, click here.
- Wednesday, 2-7 pm @ the Farm in Forest
- Wednesday, 4-6 pm @ a CSA member’s home in Lynchburg near Randolph College