With 2019 drawing to a close, we have now completed our 5th year of CSA! The details from last year are below, and be on the lookout for updates about the 2020 season!
Our CSA is a special experience for fresh food enthusiasts of the Lynchburg and Forest area. In becoming a member of our program:
- You are supporting a family farm that cares about quality
- You know that the produce you receive was always grown by our farm in a sustainable manner (= no nasty chemicals on your food), no exceptions!
- You can support other local farms by signing up for chicken or egg offerings
Get the rundown about our offerings below, or click here for more details about the different options.
The 2019 CSA program runs from May 8 – October 30, with 1 week off in the middle (Aug. 7) and a vacation week of your choosing. There are two pick-up options: one in in Lynchburg and one at the farm in Forest, as well as a delivery option for select locations in Lynchburg. To read more about how it works visit our CSA FAQ page.
What’s new in 2019
- There’s now a delivery option for us to bring your share right to your door either every week ($80 total, subject to our discretion based on your location) or just when you aren’t able to come to the pickup spot.($5/delivery, billed at end of the season).
- Monthly payment option, starting when you sign up!
- The Forest pickup will move across the street to our Farm Stand, which is more accessible and will also feature extra goods from us and other local farms, running the entire length of the CSA season.
- We have shorter pick up windows.
- Sales tax will be billed in addition to the share total.
- We are offering half-shares for those who want to pick up every other week.
- We are launching a “Share a Share” program to make our CSA program affordable to a more diverse group. When you fill out the CSA signup form, there is an option to submit your contribution. Once we have raised enough funds, we will offer the option for families to pay exactly what they can afford for their share. We realize that high quality food is expensive for many, and our hope is that this discounted rate will allow more families to eat healthy food and support our local economy.
Options and Cost: Choose one option or mix-and-match to suit your needs. Sales tax not included in price.
- Vegetable Share: $550 (one vegetable share, about $23 in value per week)
- Bread Share: $135 for one loaf/week or $260 for 2, or roughly $5.60 per loaf
- Eggs share: one dozen every week or every other week. This is an add-on only! $115 every week/ $58 every other week
- Chicken Share: one whole chicken or one cut up chicken every week or every other week. This is an add-on only! $383 for 24 chickens (add $90 for cut ups)/$203 for 12 chickens (add $50 fee for cut ups)
- Wednesday, 3-6 pm @ the Great Day Gardens Trading Post in Forest, located in our garage at the corner of Thomas Jefferson Rd (811) and Everett Rd.
- Wednesday, 4:30-5:30 pm @ a CSA member’s home in Lynchburg near Randolph College
- Home Delivery