Our CSA is a special experience for fresh food enthusiasts of the Lynchburg and Forest area. In becoming a member of our program:
- You are supporting a family farm that cares about quality
- You know that the produce you receive was always grown by our farm in a sustainable manner (= no nasty chemicals on your food), no exceptions!
- You can support other local farms by signing up for herb, culture, chicken, or egg offerings
It’s not too late to Sign up for our 2018 CSA! The second half of the season starts August 22, but we will also pro-rate your membership fee if you decide to join at any time. Get the rundown about our offerings below, or click here for more details about the different options.
The 2018 CSA program runs from May 9 – November 7, with 2 weeks off in August (Aug. 8 & 15) and a vacation week of your choosing. There are two pick-up options: one in in Lynchburg and one at the farm in Forest. To read more about how it works visit our CSA FAQ page.
We are super excited to be partnering up with some other local food producers this year! For the first time, you will have the option to choose to add eggs, meat, herbs, and ferments to your share (see more below). And of course we are still offering our wood-fired sourdough bread and flower arrangements.
What’s new in 2018
- Chicken and Eggs from Restoration Acres Farm in Forest.
- Cultured (fermented) vegetables, and Medicinal and Culinary Herbs from Gathered Threads in Nelson County.
- Extra Greens share.
- Extended on-farm pick up time. (2-7 pm!)
Options and Cost: Choose one option or mix-and-match to suit your needs. Cost is for the secon half of the season, August 22 to November 7, sales tax included in price.
- Vegetable Share: $250 (one vegetable share, about $23 in value per week)
- Bread Share: $63 for one loaf/week
To read more detailed descriptions of these options and for info about chicken, eggs, herbs, and cultured vegetables from other farms, click here.
- Wednesday, 2-7 pm @ the Farm in Forest
- Wednesday, 4-6 pm @ a CSA member’s home in Lynchburg near Randolph College